The Société de Distribution Aéroportuaire (SDA), a joint venture between Aéroports de Paris and Aelia (Lagardère Services), has chosen BrightSign and TMM Communication to implement its strategy for digital communication at BUY PARIS DUTY FREE, the retail brand created by SDA.
The flagship store at Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris opened March 27, 2012 and is equipped with seven double horizontal ceiling-mounted screens, and a wall of screens spanning 9 square meters.
A second store opened June 28 in the new departure lounge of Terminal 2E at Charles de Gaulle, and was exclusively equipped with high-impact formats: a pair of display walls covering 14 square meters apiece, and a column comprised of 36 synchronized screens.
The technical study, project management, content integration and installation of the digital signage solution was conducted by TMM Communication. The company selected BrightSign players because they offered the reliability to withstand the 24/7 nature of an airport setting, and the ability to synchronize HD video flawlessly, across multiple video walls.
“BrightSign’s players deliver high-quality video content, perfectly synchronized to the 46- and 70-inch Samsung displays in massive video walls, as well as the architectural arrangement of 36 43-inch Hyundai screens situated in a circular column,” commented Michel Baronnier, President of TMM Communication. “This impressive installation truly captivates the attention of travelers as they make their way through the duty-free shopping area."
Mr. Baronnier further explains, “After the successful installation at FNAC, we were confident in using BrightSign products for this innovative and incredibly high-impact installation. In addition to a quick deployment timeline, we also appreciated the players’ low consumption of electricity, because you can imagine the result behind a 36-screen video wall had we used 36 400w PCs!”
Industry: Airport Retail Stores
Location: Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris
Integrator: TMM Communication
Project: Point-of-Sale Digital Communications at Buy Paris Duty Free
- A combination of more than 110 BrightSign HD210 and HD1010 players in four airport store locations
- POS messaging and imagery is delivered on synchronized video walls, positioned in unique and challenging configurations throughout each store location
- Advanced interactivity triggered by IR detector enables efficient and surprising signage that runs only when a person enters area in front of the display
- Networked management of multi-store project
- Limited space behind screens and within video wall columns required a compact player with low heat emissions.
- Large displays required video content to be played at Full HD quality.
- The all-day, every-day nature of airport traffic required a reliable player that would run consistently 24/7.
- Many video walls required perfect synchronization of video files.
- BrightSign players allowed TMM to create a unique and technically complex installation showcasing the mastery of the company’s technological innovation.
- The video wall synchronization features Full HD video quality to attract customers into the store, and further, to engage them with the brands carried in-store.
- Compact player fits in tight places behind screens
- Full HD video resolution for high-impact HD video walls
- Perfect synchronization of video files
- Solid-state, non-PC device with very low power consumption emits almost no heat
- Industrial-grade player with proven 24/7 reliability never fails to deliver content to all day, every day airport traffic
BrightSign LLC, the global market leader in digital signage media players, is headquartered in Los Gatos, California, with offices in Europe and Asia. BrightSign designs media players and provides free software and cloud networking solutions for the commercial digital signage market worldwide, serving all vertical segments of the marketplace. BrightSign products are known for their signature reliability, affordability, market-leading technology and unsurpassed performance. Connect with BrightSign on Linkedin.com, Twitter.com, YouTube and Instagram