Harry & David, Leading US food gift retailer, selected BrightSign for their first digital sign implementation in the arrival hall of the newly-opened Jackson County Airport in Medford, Oregon. The digital sign is seen by 300,000 passengers a year and invites visitors to take a tour of the nearby Harry & David plant and to "Taste Something Delicious" both during the tour and at the company's Country Village retail store.
Why Harry & David Selected BrightSign:
- Stunning HD video quality
- Reliable solid-state non-PC platform
- Interactivity to demo products
- Networking ability
- Portrait mounted 42-inch flat panel display mounted in a custom-built enclosure for the display and BrightSign.
- Digital video content was created in true high-definition 1080 MPEG video format
- Future plans are to utilize the BrightSign Network Manager to allow for continual content updating via a simple Internet connection
"The display had to play video repeatedly in stunning high definition, be a hands-off operation, and recover quickly from power failures. We were attracted to BrightSign because of the inherent value. Plus, not having a PC to reboot after power outages means we are completely hands-off of the playback unit. Future scalability and remote operations seem very easy."- Chris Robinson, Director of Corporate Television, Harry & David
BrightSign LLC, the global market leader in digital signage media players, is headquartered in Los Gatos, California, with offices in Europe and Asia. BrightSign designs media players and provides free software and cloud networking solutions for the commercial digital signage market worldwide, serving all vertical segments of the marketplace. BrightSign products are known for their signature reliability, affordability, market-leading technology and unsurpassed performance. Connect with BrightSign on Linkedin.com, Twitter.com, YouTube and Instagram